Mar 29, 2016

No Nail Bathroom Wall Storage


When I first started living in my condo, I really started to take notice of how much storage my bathroom didn't have. Besides a crooked towel rack and a little medicine cabinet, I was stuck piling face washes and lotions on the pedestal sink and toilet tank lid.
I knew I needed to add some shelving units, but wasn't sure how to do so, without taking up too much space, or damaging the walls.

Side story: Within the first week of moving in, there was a leak between my utility room and bathroom, that took about a month to find the source. I lived with fans and dehumidifiers for a couple of weeks, along with half a bathroom wall. Ugh. When the nightmare was over, and I got a new wall, I kind of figured I didn't want to put any nails into it if it wasn't necessary.

CUE THE COMMAND HOOKS!


I've used these hooks for all sorts of things: jewelry hooks, kitchen towel hooks, photo displays, holiday decorations, and I'm sure more. They're great, really sturdy, and they come off easily. Although I've heard these hooks don't work for some people, I've never had an issue with them, so before you use them, you might want to test them somewhere, or have extra paint on hand.

I found this caddy shelf unit on Amazon and knew that it was perfect for my zero storage bathroom. When I saw it, I knew it was the one! I also had a gift card, so I knew I could afford it.


I used 6 of the Command Hooks, to make sure the shelves wouldn't slide around, or fall if I put a few too many things on it. Different hook styles have different weight limits, so be aware of that.


I love how these shelves look in the space, plus they're practical! It definitely allows me to open up the sink and not have as much clutter (I hate clutter!)

Let me know if you have any cool suggestions for bathroom storage! I could use all the help I can get!

♥Sara

All photos by Sara, unless otherwise noted. Shelves purchased on Amazon with gift card, Command hooks purchased by me.  This isn't sponsored, I'm just a fan!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute shelves! I really like the design of the sidings of them!
    ~Jenny

    http://dearparadise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved the sides, too! Much prettier than the plain metal shelves I saw!

      Delete
  2. It looks great how much weight will the shelf hold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the look of it! I couldn't find an exact weight, but I'd say no more than a couple pounds. It depends how you're hanging the shelf - nails might hold more than the Command Hooks, but the hooks usually have a weight limit on the packaging, depending on which ones you get.

      Sara

      Delete