Dec 22, 2016

Greek Orzo Salad

Sometimes I get tired of the same old sandwich for lunch, so when I make dinner, I make a little extra to make lunch for the week. I wanted something filling, but also not too heavy, so I made a quick and simple pasta salad.
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes

What you need:
- 1 cup Orzo
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1/4 cup Black olives
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese
- 2 tsp. Greek seasoning
- 1 tsp. Lemon and pepper seasoning
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 3-4 tbs. Greek dressing (I actually used Newman's Own Italian dressing)

What to do:
1. Bring water to boil, add salt, add orzo and boil until cooked, stirring occasionally.
2. While orzo is cooking, roughly chop spinach, and cut olives, cucumber, and chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Drain orzo, add all other ingredients and seasonings to taste, mix.
4. Enjoy!

Notes:
* Chickpeas and cherry tomatoes are optional ingredients that would be great in this salad! Chickpeas would also be a great protein instead of chicken.
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.comGreek Orzo Pasta Salad | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com

I love pasta salads, and with fresh ingredients like the spinach and cucumber, it makes it a nice, healthy lunch option. This would also be a great holiday dish to bring to all those potlucks you have to go to!

What kind of ingredients do you like in your pasta salad? Let me know!

Until lunch time,
♥Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment