Apr 5, 2016

Fried Ravioli

I grew up eating (and LOVING) Italian food, so whenever there's cheese and tomato sauce involved, I pretty much automatically love it. So it was time I tried something I've been wanting to try for a while.

I've heard that Olive Garden had "Toasted Ravioli" (I didn't see it on their online menu, so maybe it's gone? Sad face.), and I've seen tons of recipes on Pinterest for fried, or "toasted", ravioli, but I've never had it before. My Italian ancestors frown upon me. Is fried ravioli even an Italian thing? Or is it actually a disgrace to all Italian cuisine?

Whatever the case may be, I tried it out and OH. MY. GOODNESS.

How have I never tired this before? They were warm and crunchy and cheesy and wow. DEFINITELY worth making again.
What you need:
- Ravioli (If you use frozen, just make sure it's thawed)
- Flour
- Egg
- Breadcrumbs (I used a mix of Italian and Panko)
- Marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese

What you do:
1. Coat each ravioli in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
2. Add enough olive oil to pan so the bottom is completely covered, and heat on medium-high heat.
3. When oil is hot, carefully place ravioli in the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes per side, until it's golden brown.
4. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel, to catch excess oil.
5. Serve with sauce and parmesan!
*Notes:
* I didn't include measurements, because it depends on how much you're making, but used about half a cup of flour, 1 egg, and 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
* Parmesan is obviously optional, but so good!
* You could serve the sauce as a dipping sauce, or on top of the ravioli with cheese and put it in the oven for a while - sort of a ravioli parmesan dish! Yum!

If you guys try this out, please let me know! I loved every bite of this and hope you do too!

See you in the kitchen soon!
♥Sara

All photos by Sara, unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment