Feb 26, 2016

Creamy Garlic Pasta

I like pasta. I like cheese. I like garlic. I like cream. I gained 10 pounds just typing that. Although, garlic is good for you…

I’ve seen recipes like this all over Pinterest, and have seen so many varieties, but I decided to try something new with what was already in my fridge, which meant no last minute grocery store runs - YES!


Creamy Garlic Pasta – 2 servings – Total time: 30 minutes - Printable Recipe

What You’ll Need:
*Note: I completely eyeballed this dish, so the measurements below are roughly what you’d need for 2 servings. You can add more or less of the ingredients to suit your taste.

- 3 cups pasta
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 1-2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning (optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

What to do:
1. Cook pasta accordingly.
2. While pasta is cooking, over medium heat, coat a pan with the olive oil, and add garlic and cook until the garlic starts to brown. Then add the chicken stock and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese melts.


3. When the garlic-cream cheese mixture is smooth, add salt and pepper to taste, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, and the parmesan cheese. Heat until everything is combined and creamy.


4. Add drained pasta to the pan with your cheese sauce and toss to coat.
5. Enjoy!
 

I topped my pasta off with some more parmesan, because… cheese. You could also add fresh herbs, like basil or parsley, and you could even add grilled chicken. Again, this is a pretty versatile dish, so you can add, omit, and customize in so many different ways.

Sooo easy! Sooo yummy! Hope you enjoy!

♥Sara

All photos by Sara, unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. I will actually have to try this! I've always wanted to know how to make a better tasting cream sauce for pasta!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures don't really do it justice, but it was good! And really quick!

      Delete