Oct 10, 2016

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's no secret I have a sweet tooth, so when I was sitting on my sofa and I craved chocolate chip cookies all of a sudden, I was not surprised and I immediately started to curb the craving.

I found a great, easy recipe on Pinterest, and within 20-30 minutes, I had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Win.


I used this recipe from Pinch of Yum that I found on Pinterest and I really liked it. A very simple recipe that was actually considered a half batch.

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Makes 12-18 cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes

What you need:
- 7 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (or a little more!) chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, dark - your choice!)

What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and mix until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, and salt - and mix until well combined.
5. Add chocolate chips and fold until evenly distributed.
6. Place a heaping tablespoon full of cookie dough onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake 9-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges and let cool.
Done! Easy peasy! And delicious. I made my cookies smaller, so I got 18 cookies out of this batch, but if you make them larger, like the original recipe, you'll get about 10-12. I also aded more flour to my dough, and actually could've used a couple more tablespoons - my dough was just a teeny bit sticky, not doughy... But they obviously turned out great anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

These remind me of the cookies my mom and I baked every Christmas when I was a kid. I definitely plan on making more this Christmas with Mom!

Hope you make these and enjoy like I did (seriously, I ate most of them within like, two days...)!

Happy baking,
♥Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment