Sep 13, 2016

DIY: Protein Box

DIY Protein Box | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com
I’m a very lazy person. VERY lazy.  And there are a lot of days I don’t feel like making myself lunch for work, so I’ll buy lunch.  Sometimes walking to the deli or sandwich shop nearby is a great option – get out of the office for a bit and get something good to eat. A lot of times I’ll go to Starbucks in the morning for a latte, and grab one of their bistro boxes for later on.
I love those bistro boxes.  The PB&J box, and especially the protein box.  It’s so simple, but so good, and really filling… Hence… “protein”…

But at 5-6 dollars a box, it definitely adds up…

So I started making my own “protein boxes” for lunch with a lot of ingredients I already had in my fridge, which makes it cheaper and more convenient to have a healthy lunch during the busy work week.

DIY Protein Boxes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

What you need:
*Note: This is SO customizable – you can use whatever types of veggies, meats, cheeses, etc. you like.  These are just the ingredients I used!

- 2-3 slices of lunch meat (I used turkey, but chicken, ham, or salami would be good!)
- 2-3 slices of cheese (I used two small cheese wheels)
- Carrots
- Cucumber
- Hard-boiled egg
- Focaccia crackers
- Ranch dressing or dip

For the dip:
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon and pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill

Other optional items:
- Grapes, apple slices, orange slices, celery sticks, ham, pepperoni slices, ANY CHEESE YOU WANT (YUM!!!), broccoli or cauliflower - the possibilities are endless!
DIY Protein Box | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com
This is such an easy lunch to put together because you really don't have a lot to do, except boil and egg and clean some fruits or veggies, and it's actually super filling.  Sometimes it doesn't look like much, but the protein is great to fill you up and hold you over until dinner time.  I also don't like to eat super heavy lunches anyway, because then I fall asleep at my desk and can't get motivated to do anything.

So take your protein box outside for lunch and enjoy!

Until next time!
♥Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment