Sep 5, 2016

DIY Nail Polish Color Coded Keys

Happy Labor Day! My three day weekend is coming to an end (Boooo!), so on this last day of relaxation until next weekend, I figure an easy DIY would be fun!

Since I moved (a year ago......), I've had tape labeling my keys to help me remember which one to use in my new locks. Not the prettiest technique, but it did the job.

I'd seen this DIY on Pinterest a few times, and was always intrigued, so I finally decided to try it out.
This is such an easy, but cute way to label and color code your keys. All you need is nail polish! And keys, of course.
 I applied a few coats to each side of the top of my keys, and let them dry in a paper cup. I just (carefully!) cut a couple of small slashes into a paper cup to stick the keys in.
 Ta-da! Seriously, like, the easiest DIY you can do.
S'cute!
I let my keys dry overnight, because I had a couple of nail polish spots that were still tacky.

I don't know how long the nail polish will last with everyday use, since my keys are tossed around quite a bit, but for now, at least they look pretty! And it's so easy to spot which keys to grab when I walk up to my door - no more fumbling around trying to find the right one! Yeah!

Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy DIY, and I hope you got a little inspiration out of it!

Stay color coded, my friends,
SaveSave ♥Sara

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this!!! They turned out so cute! Now you need more keys to color code.
    ~Jenny

    dearparadise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're holding up really well, two months later, and it makes life so much easier! I like that they're not too clunky like with key caps.

      Delete