Jan 17, 2017

Sausage, Peppers, and Onions Over Rice

I went to the grocery store the other day (after a two week grocery shopping hiatus....... I've been busy!), and for some weird reason, was in the mood for Italian sausage. I picked up a pack of regular Italian sausage, but it was frozen, and for some reason that wasn't really appealing.

I turned around and luckily noticed a pack of mild Italian chicken sausage that looked really good!

There are so many things you can do with sausage, but I finally decided on sausage, peppers, and onions. I wanted to make stuffed peppers, but we'll save that for another day.

This was really good and so, SO, SO easy to throw together.
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions over Rice | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com

Sausage, Peppers, and Onions Over Rice
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

What you need:
- Sausage - you can use pork, chicken, vegetarian, mild, spicy - whatever you want!
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small onion, or 3-4 large shallots
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)

What to do:
1. Cook sausage until fully cooked and browned. If you buy bulk, just add it to your hot pan. If you buy links like I did, remove the casings, and then add to your pan. Using a spoon, break sausage up as it cooks to form bite sized pieces.
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions over Rice | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com
2. While the sausage is cooking, cut the pepper and onion into thin sticks.
3. When sausage is fully cooked, add the pepper and onion, and cook until soft.  Add crushed red pepper flakes.
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions over Rice | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.comSausage, Peppers, and Onions over Rice | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com
4. Serve sausage, peppers, and onions over cooked rice!
Sausage, Peppers, and Onions over Rice | My Name is Sara - mynameissarablog.blogspot.com
Again, I'm all about an easy, yummy, and (for the most part) healthy meal at the end of the day, so this was perfect! Eating out has become so easy for me, so I'm really trying to make dinners and lunches more often, only eating out once or twice a week. So far, so good!

If you make this, let me know how it turned out!

Until our next meal!
♥Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment